Monday, January 11, 2010

GOSH. I love the last post. It's awesome!! I shall treat whoever did that for lunch on Wednesday. =D Yes, you get the point, choir, we have awesome conductors and teachers and a awesomely fantastic choir with such fun-loving, hyper, enthusiastic, angelic (i hope!!) members (that's you, by the way, so you BETTER agree...), so GET PEOPLE TO JOIN!!!!

For those wannabe-mgchoir-members, it's definitely worth it joining choir. As a sec 4 (LOL. scary stuff, mann...), I can honestly tell you that I'm counting down the days, VERY regretfully, to the day I have to cry. At farewell...which better be good!! cuz I really want to cry...hinthint, Yann Ting...heheh...

Yeah, choir has held memories for all of us which are never to be forgotten...I'm gonna tell you a story. NO, DON'T START SCROLLING DOWN. it's not that loooonnnggg.....right?? Ok, you know, I joined my church choir for the advent season this year, cuz I figured it may be the last year I get to do it, plus it's kindda cute being the youngest member of the choir...I was talking to the church organist cum choir director (not conductor...).Suddenly, she started talking to me about her days as a secondary school choir member...I knew she was an old mg gal, so I was like, "yeah, I know, mg choir, right??" and she started jumping with her hands over her mouth. and she's probably 50/60+ years old. and she was in church. and she was JUMPING. You see, that's the effect choir has on you, k?

Basically, in choir, we learn about awesome stuff like solfege and music history and other stuff...it's awesome, cause you can go talk about it to some other musicians, and some of them have never ever heard of it before, and then,,,,you can make them look dumb =D=D=D=D=D
Also, unlike other performing arts groups, you don't have to have any prior qualifications. All you need to be able to do is sing....and considering that you're reading this, you probably do it every day in the shower anyways...so...yeah.

In the gist of it all, choir is awesome. Your best memories in MGS will be your time spent in choir. I'm not joking. I'm waiting for me to be 20 to actually realise that, but I can tell you in advance. For those of you in choir, treasure your years left in choir. For sec 4s, treasure your days/months/hours/minutes/seconds left in choir. For those not in choir yet, join choir so you get to hear me nagging at you about all this XO.

EVERY SMART PERSON WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU SHOULD JOIN CHOIR OR REGRET FOR LIFE. BE THE SMART ONE =D

Love,
your awesome best friend,
eli. sayampanathan.